Ron Gibson Mountain Dulcimers
To order a custom dulcimer please email email@example.com
or text or leave a message at 740-262-2660
Kentucky™ dulcimers are an updated version of
the dulcimers made by legendary builder J. E. Thomas of Knott Co. Kentucky
between the years 1870 to 1930. John Edward Thomas sold his dulcimers from the
back of a mule cart or through mail order with some sold as far away as England.
The fact that Thomas' dulcimers are still used as a basis for so many "modern"
dulcimers is a testament to the timeless beauty, sound and quality of his
design. My Kentucky™ dulcimer
features a deeper body for better volume, bass and mid-range response. For custom
orders Kentucky™ dulcimers can be
made with any combination of wood although due to the smaller size some of the
larger soundholes will not fit.
Base Price: $299 Plus $25 shipping
Every Kentucky™ dulcimer features:
- Sixteen nickel silver frets with 6½ and 13½ frets included -
full two octave range.
- Grover Sta-Tite tuners with a 14:1 gear ratio and lifetime manufacturer's warranty.
- Abalone or Mother of Pearl inlaid position markers.
- Nut and bridge slotted for double melody and equidistant string spacing (on 4-string dulcimers).
- 26" scale length for ease of playing.
The following features can be added to any Kentucky™ dulcimer:
- Baritone or Bass setup - cost $15. (See
article on Baritone Dulcimers here)
- Extended range 5-string (combination regular/baritone setup) $35
- Gold Grover Sta-Tite tuners with 14:1 gear ratio and classic "Butter Bean" tuning knobs - cost $15.
- Fully chromatic, two octave fretboard with 24 nickel silver frets - cost $15.
- Six string configuration with three pairs of doubled strings - cost $25.
- Bone nut and bridge - cost $15.
- Strap buttons - cost $8.
- Internal Piezo pickup with either chrome or gold hardware and matching strap buttons - cost $85.
- Double back (installed either internally or on outside) - cost $65.
© 2016 Ron Gibson
All Rights Reserved